Services include “services that promote childbirth instead of abortion by providing information, counseling and support services that assist pregnant women or women who believe they may be pregnant. >>>http://www.ok.gov/health/Child_and_Family_Health/Family_Support_and_
• Parenting – In the U.S., each state’s Department of Health Services has parenting help resources that are available. These resources include medical-assistance benefits, help with prenatal care, childbirth, and neonatal care.
• Child Support – In the U.S., the father of the child must help support your child if you decide to keep your baby. The law says that he must help even if he offered to pay for an abortion. The Child Support Office can help locate a non-custodial parent, determine the father of the child (paternity), establish and enforce child support orders, review and adjust child support payments, and collect child support payments. If you need services in the U.S., call 1(800) 252-8014.
• Adoption – The Loving Option
• American Association of Open Adoption Agencies provides information for an open adoption agency in the area where you live. www.openadoption.org.
• A Child’s Waiting Adoption Program helps you do what is best, be it parenting or adoption. www.achildiswaiting.com.
• Courageous Choice provides free assistance with adoption and overall life situation. www.courageouschoice.com.
• Family Based Health Education – Abortions among teens can be prevented in America by encouraging parents to discuss health and sex education with their children, rather than being exposed to this information in schools. This approach provides a more personalized education for each child and allows parents to include their own morals. Studies have also shown that sex education in schools encourages sexual behavior and a curiosity to learn through experience.
“When women seek abortion
as an answer to their
pregnancy, it means we as a
society have failed to
provide a safe, welcoming
and supportive environment
for them to bear and raise
their children. As a result,
we all bear the guilt and
shame of abortion.”
– Molly S. White, Founder
and Director, Women for Life