• Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist and a supporter of Hitler’s Nazi party. She believed in eugenics – the purification of a particular race of people by selective breeding. Her magazines and journals were filled with writings and articles by well-known eugenicists and members of Hitler’s Third Reich.
• Instead of helping the poor, she considered them slum dwellers (particularly Blacks, Hispanics, and Jewish immigrants) who would soon overrun the boundaries of their slums, contaminating the better elements of society with their diseases and inferior genes.
• Throughout the 200+ pages of Sanger’s book The Pivot of Civilization, she called for the cessation of charity, for the segregation of “morons, misfits, and maladjusted,” and for the sterilization of “genetically inferior races.”
• George Grant stated in Grand Illusions: “In her book Women and the New Race she asserted that the ‘most merciful thing a large family can do to one of its infant
members is to kill it.’”
• On October 19, 1939, Sanger outlined a plan for stopping the growth of the Black community “through a religious appeal. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their rebellious members.”
• The Birth Control Review, founded by Sanger in 1917, endorsed I.Q. testing, which classified Blacks, southern Europeans, and other immigrants as mentally inferior to native-born White Americans and called them a nuisance and a menace to society.
Who Was Margaret Sanger? (2005) American Life League, www.all.org.